An editor is in charged to do necessary revisions of a written document and/or suggest changes in the design and layouts of a certain publication. A newspaper editor, moreover, also delegates writing assignments for correspondents and writers.
Sample Editor CV
52 Finchley Road, Golders Green
London, NW11 7PE
Phone: 020 7385 3920
Efficient, detail-oriented and skilled professional with comprehensive experience in writing, proof reading, and editing contents of different communication materials such as magazines, books, flyers, among others, who seeks for a long term editing job for a renowned company or organization.
1997-2000: Technical Writer, London Institute of Science and Technology
- Reviewed and studied published and non-published communication materials and proposed necessary changes in format, content, writing style, and design
- Simplified content of highly technical communication materials to make it more understandable and relatable to the general public
2001-2003: Homebased Mechanical Editor
- Proposed necessary modifications in word usage, writing style, sentence constructions, among other erroneous components of a communication material or academic output such as research papers, essays, feasibility studies, scientific papers, among others.
2003-Present: Editor, Power Books Inc.
- Mechanically edited contents of books, magazines, and other materials produced by the company
- Participated in brainstorming about content and style of the reading materials
- Coordinated with various publishers to specify the materials’ ink and paper types.
1990-1993: Cum Laude, B.S. in Development Communication, London State University
1993-1996: M.S in Communication, University of London
Available upon request.