Travel agents work in companies involved in providing travel and tours services. They are primarily responsible for selling travel and tour packages composed of transportation and accommodation to potential clients. Travel agents are responsible for identifying possible destinations, means of transportation, and accommodation that would fit customers of the travel agency.
They can also plan the travel dates and costs of travel packages that take into consideration all the costs incurred for the travel. Travel agents can also plan particular trips and vacation packages for different clients such as company employees, friends, or family members. Once customers select a travel package, the travel agent is responsible for booking all the transportation and accommodation for the customers.
Sample Travel Agent CV Template
Dartmouth Park Road
London, NW4 1SU
Self-starter and results-drivenindividual searching for a job as a travel agent in a company where my communication skills can be maximized and opportunities for career advancement are available.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a travel agent.
- Possess excellent clerical skills.
- Provide good customer service and ensures customer satisfaction with services.
- Courteous and well-mannered in dealing with customers.
- With excellent skills in written and oral communication.
- Organized and resourceful in performing duties.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Travel Agent, Leisurely Travel and Tours Co.
- Entertain customers and determine their particular needs and budget for travel.
- Plan transportation and accommodation as well as possible dates and cost of travel for each customer.
- Book transportation and accommodation of customers based on requirements agreed upon.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.