A transportation operations specialist performs important functions in executing transportation plans and strategies of the company. They are mainly responsible for duties involving the selection of transportation mode, load optimization, and matters that involve the route and transportation customer service. Transportation operations specialists work closely with different service providers to make sure that shipment or deliveries are done efficiently and on time. In addition, they are responsible for monitoring and documenting data flow and related transportation activities involving business transactions, sales, purchases and deliveries. Transportation operations specialists find ways to optimize purchase order consolidation and must therefore be knowledgeable of facilities and programs to do so.
Sample Transportation Operations Specialist CV Template
Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow
London, E15 4EG
Hard-working and resourceful professional with great skill in management and handling numerous tasks is seeking employment as a transportation operations specialist.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a transportation operations specialist.
- Knowledgeable in relevant systems and applications.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly skilled in interacting and dealing with clients and staff.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills in coordinating individuals.
- Willing to travel if necessary.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Transportation Operations Specialist, Good Food International
- Ensure implementation of transportation plan that is timely and cost-effective.
- Coordinate interaction between departments and customers or clients for efficient delivery or pick-up.
- Provide proper transportation support for shipment and deliveries.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Management, University of London
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.