Transportation Engineer plans and develops surface transport projects. The job involves preparing plans, estimates and specification to design transportation facilities. Transportation engineer plans and modifies existing roads, freeways and highways to improve traffic flow.
Transportation engineers must have good project management, report writing, communication and presentation skills. Knowledge of computer modeling software and understanding of transportation issues is also required for this job. Qualification required for these jobs are degree in a relevant subjects such as transport planning, civil engineering, geography, mathematics or environmental science. Business studies or social sciences could also be useful. Job opportunities for transport engineers are available in government, strategic development bodies, transport companies, airports and specialist consultancies.
Transportation Engineer CV Template
Tel: 0414 43 02 1234
Traffic and Transport engineer having 5 yrs of experience in handling various projects, involving usage of various technologies. Looking for an exciting and challenging career in the field of transport engineering to further enhances my skills.
2005 to present PlanTran Consulting, – Associate, Traffic and Transportation Engineer
- ITS research into ITS principles and potential
- Making reports about toll road traffic and feasibility.
- Tender evaluation.
- Future toll revenue determination for medium term budgeting purposes – refinancing strategy
- Simulating transport problems using computer models, and working out solutions.
- Analyzing and interpreting data gathered from transport studies.
- Looking at schemes to manage traffic, such as congestion charging and parking controls.
- Studying accident ‘black spots’ to design road safety improvements.
- Writing reports for funding bids and planning authorities.
1999-2004 Bachelor of Civil engineering, Manchester University
Hobbies and Interests
- Video games
Achievements and awards
Employee of the year – 2006 Plan Tran Consulting
Can be provided upon request