Transportation clerks are employed in companies where they mainly focus on tracking and updating all information that is input into a transportation system. They are responsible for processing damaged vehicles through a cargo processing system that is based on the standards and procedures of the company. Transportation clerks also update data regarding mail and cargo as well as passengers availing of the company transportation system. In addition, they provide needed information about availability and use of transport and storage facilities for personal use. The job of a transportation clerk is also secretarial in nature and he/she documents transportation-related activities and ensures the confidentiality and accuracy of the files. They also maintain and audit driver logs as well as file reports about official trips.
Sample Transportation Clerk CV Template
Holloway Road, London, N7 8DB
Organized and efficient worker is looking for a position as a transportation clerk in a company where my skills can be utilized and there are opportunities for career advancement.
Summary of Qualification
- With two years of work experience as a transportation clerk.
- Possess an attentive and keen eye and mind.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and social skills.
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- With a pleasing personality and positive character.
- Willing to travel if necessary.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Transportation Clerk, Great Goods Inc.
- Track return goods and ensure that these meet the demands of customer.
- Audit driver logs and trip reports and maintain files thereof.
- Resolve driver equipment requests.
- Maintain route books and interface with drivers.
Possess a high school diploma.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.