A transport planner is responsible for undertaking a plethora of jobs, which mainly includes traffic engineering, demand modeling, traffic forecasting, analyzing the traffic capacity and preparing the justification reports. A transport planner has to multitask most of the time. A transport planner CV should illustrate the candidate’s ability to work under pressure and to multitask effectively.
Sample Transport Planner CV
1248 W Colfax Ave
Contact No: 303 451 2452
Email Id: email@example.com
I have gained three years of experience till date working for the various simple and complex transportation projects. I also developed various new and innovative ideas for the improvement of the whole transportation infrastructure. In addition, I also participated in various public meetings and gatherings in order to collect the feedback of different projects.
Seeking a position as a transport planner in a prestigious organization where I can be able to use my skills and experience in handling all the ongoing transportation issues of the organization on a daily basis.
Grand Valley Metropolitan Council, 2011- Till Date
I was engaged in long term transportation planning and analysis of the associated costs and consequences. I developed population projections and financial forecasts for LRTP. I also presented plans for certain projects on state and federal levels.
As a transport planner at URS, I developed new models and methodologies of transportation analysis, directed the traffic counting programs efficiently, designed transportation surveys and prepared recommendations and concluding statements on
- Bachelor degree in Transportation engineering, University of Rochester, 2008
- Diploma in transportation Planning, University of Rochester, 2005
- Pursued professional transportation planner certification course.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of traffic analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of software programs such as HCS, Vissim etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Knowledge of CAD software and database software.
Available on request.