A transport manager’s duty involves managing the operations of the transport company. A transport manager plans and schedules the transportation of materials or personnel in an organization. The job involves planning and co-coordinating transportation operations. The transport industry covers both the private and public sectors and includes road, rail, air and sea services.
The work activities of transport managers vary significantly depending on the industry or sector and the size of the organization. The senior post involves strategic planning and project management work, while junior posts are more involved in customer contact and routine staff supervision. Transport manager’s CV should highlight planning, budgeting, report making, monitoring and liaising skills.
Transport Manger Sample CV
Mobile: +44 97 08 92
Seeking an exciting and challenging career in the transportation industry where my experience and skills would be utilized efficiently.
1992- 1998: Senior Supervisor at Links International Transport Company.
- Scheduling the employees to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Monitoring and reporting performance to senior management.
- Making sure the operations meets its performance and safety targets.
- Advising on policy and strategic developments, examining business decisions (pricing policy, level of service provision, timetable changes) to assess their impact on passengers.
- Managing and supervising staff, organizing work shift reports and coordinating staff training.
- Meeting passengers and customers, dealing with complaints and areas of concern.
1999- 2006: Transport Manager at Inter state Transport Company.
- Marketing the passenger services to ensure passenger’s greater use of particular routes using the right mode of transport.
- Presenting reports to the seniors with recommendations on how to tackle the different problems in the company.
- Overseeing the daily supervision of transport activities.
- Dealing with suppliers and service providers.
Achievements and awards
1996 – Employee of the year award from LITC.
1988- 1991: Degree in Transport and Logistics.
University of Midlands
1980- 1987: High School Diploma
Belfast High School
Hobbies and Interests
- Ice Hockey
Can be provided upon request