Tow truck drivers work for companies providing towing services. Tow truck drivers drive towing trucks which are heavy vehicles for the purpose of moving cars and other vehicles that have violated parking rules or have met technical problems on the road and other areas. They may help vehicle owners that have experienced accidents or vehicle problems by inspecting the vehicle and assisting in the removal, adjustment, or replacement of defective or faulty parts and components of vehicles. Tow truck drivers may also utilize their equipment in helping heavy mobile equipment mechanics in repairing systems and components. They are capable of repairing different kinds of heavy mobile machines and can interpret technical orders as well as schematic diagrams or engineering drawings.
Sample Tow Truck Driver CV Template
Birmingham, West MidlandsB29 5LJ
Mature and responsible worker is hoping to land a job as tow truck driver in a company where my skills can be maximized and I can gain experience on the job.
Summary of Qualification
- With two years of work experience as a tow truck driver.
- Knowledgeable in the use of equipment and tools for repairing heavy vehicles.
- Knowledgeable in driving different kinds of heavy vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Excellent time management skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Tow Truck Driver, Efficient Towing Services
- Give assistance to heavy mobile equipment mechanics in assembling and disassembling major systems.
- Tow vehicles based on instructions.
- Help vehicle owners repair vehicles if possible.
Possess a high school diploma and driver’s license.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.