Shipping managers work in shipping or trucking companies. They may also be employed by large companies who manage their own shipments to different branches. The main responsibility of shipping managers is creating a plan of shipping operations and ensuring its execution. They are responsible for ensuring efficient shipping movements and manage the daily shipping operations. Shipping managers supervise shipping operations to ensure safety and stability of vessels or vehicles. They ensure distribution and warehousing of products from picking to packing and shipping. Aside from this, they also monitor personnel and stock to make sure that the needs of customers are met.
Sample Shipping Manager CV Template
Pentonville Road, Islington
London, N1 8LP
Analytical and organized professional looking for an opportunity to work in a shipping company as a shipping manager where my skills can be of service to numerous customers.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess four years of experience working as a shipping manager.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting heavy load and alternately standing and sitting for long periods.
- Capable of working long shifts and extended work hours.
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Prompt and punctual in completing work.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Shipping Manager, Timely Shipping Company
- Monitor and manage employees in shipping department and assign goods for them to pick, package, and ship.
- Record daily shipping activities and make reports.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that the requirements of customers are properly met.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Management, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.