Shipping and Receiving Clerks perform a customer-facing task in the supply chain management processes as warehouse clerks in a 3rd party logistics firm or warehousing department for a manufacturing firm. They generally ensure that only the intended goods get accepted for warehousing as receiving clerks while only the correctly ordered goods are withdrawn out as shipping clerks. The function can be split between two individuals or teams in a larger warehousing operation with extensive movement of goods to and out the warehouse.
Sample Shipping & Receiving Clerk CV Template
Gale T. Hancock
Baker St., London, UK
To work as a Swimming Coach/Instructor for a university varsity team
2000 – Present: Shipping & Receiving Clerk, Westclock Logistics, London,
- Maintain and update records of outgoing and incoming cargos from and to the warehouse facilities
- Maintain professional relationships with freight forwarders and customs brokers.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documents with the correct destination labels and machine readable bar-coding feature.
- Reconcile waybill documents and orders to ensure incoming shipment conforms to order specifications.
- Randomly unpack consolidated deliveries and check contents
- Distribute contents to the right warehouse bin location.
- Accomplish warehouse goods movement flow reports.
- Update automated inventory management system to capture good increment and decrement conditions.
- Excellent supervisory skills and knowledge in supply chain management
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Cited by management for 100% work efficiency rating in the annual performance assessment period for the years, 2004 to 2007 and 2009 to 2010
1996 – 2000: High School Diploma, Rivington and Blackrod High School, Lancashire
Can be provided upon request