Mechanical fitters work in automotive repair shops or may also be privately employed by companies in the transportation business. Mechanical fitters work under supervision and they are mainly responsible for repairing different kinds of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, machines or vehicles such as cars, boats, trucks, or bulldozers. They may perform minor or major repairs depending on the extent of damage on the equipment or vehicles. Based on the job description, mechanical fitters may do welding, fabrication of equipment, or improve the equipment or vehicles. Before doing repairs, mechanical fitters are responsible for checking the vehicles for any defects. They do the necessary measurements and plan the repair procedure which they may also discuss with their supervisor.
Sample Mechanical Fitter CV Template
Roseford Road, Cambridge, CB3 2HD
Resourceful and committed job seeker is hoping to join a company as a mechanical fitter where I can practice my skills and gain experience on the job.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as a mechanical fitter.
- Possess sound knowledge of the structure of different kind of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to perform different kinds of repairs such as welding and fabrication.
- Ability to meet and interact with clients.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Mechanical Fitter, Great Vehicles Automotive Repair Shop
- Inspect equipment and vehicles for any damage and repair them based on the assessment.
- Perform different kinds of repairs such as fabrication of equipment.
- Design and layout repairs, either by using blueprints or not.
- Construct metal works and do brazing and soldering.
Possess a high school diploma and vocational training.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.