Freight Material Movers and Laborers are frequently working in piers, warehouse shipping, dry docks and receiving centers to transfer import and export cargo shipments, inventory stock, or other resources mostly by hand or using forklifts and other heavy machineries vehicles which they are licensed to work. They are categorized under stevedoring occupations
Sample Freight Material Mover/Laborer CV Template
William U. Prowse
Baker St., London, UK
To work as a Freight Material Mover for a stevedoring company
2001 – Present: Freight Material Mover/Laborer, London Drydocks Ltd., London,
- Follow work shift schedules in the warehousing operations or docks to guarantee extreme working productivity.
- Follow approved safety rules and operational as may be promulgated by warehouses and terminals.
- Operate lifting machineries if licensed for the equipment.
- Complete daily cargo or inventory movement reports as required
- Attend shop floor output enhancement programs and activities
- Join trainings in the use and operation of any new cargo movement apparatus.
- Guide new hires assigned to the cargo moving section.
- Outstanding medical and physical health situations with muscular build.
- Superb comprehension abilities to follow safety regulations and operational and instructions.
- Licensed to work cargo lifting vehicles and qualified to operate them.
Cited by management for 100% work efficiency rating in the annual performance assessment period for the years, 2004 to 2007 and 2009 to 2010
1997 – 2001: High School Diploma, St. Mary’s Catholic Comprehensive School, Newcastle upon Tyne
Can be provided upon request