Event planners work in events organizing groups or may work as a freelance event planner. They organize and plan events such as personal parties, company events, anniversary celebrations, concerts, weddings, christenings, and other big events that require a lot of preparation. They coordinate numerous tasks and activities that are needed in organizing activities and also run the actual event to make sure that the plan is executed to the detail. Event planners need to make sure that events take place smoothly and are not disrupted with any glitches or problems. They meet with clients and meticulously discuss the requirements and specifications of the client for the event including their objectives, number of guests, preferred theme and type of event whether formal, casual, or costume parties.
Sample Event Planner CV Template
Eton Road, London, NW2 3HY
Organized and creative individual is searching for a position as an event planner in a competitive event planning organizationwhere I can share my passion.
Summary of Qualification
- Has worked as an event planner for six years.
- Knowledgeable about different kinds of events from formal to children’s parties.
- Has a keen eye for detail and a great sense of creativity.
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks and manage staff.
- With good time management and people management skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Event Planner
- Meet with clients and discuss details of events and their needs.
- Make a detailed plan of the event and coordinate with all suppliers and service providers such as food caterers and venues.
- Oversee the actual event to ensure accurate implementation of plan.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.