Delivery drivers work in companies that provide door-to-door delivery such as fast-food chains or companies that deliver products of customers to their homes. Delivery drivers may drive different kinds of vehicles from motorcycles, cars or vans, to delivery trucks. They receive delivery orders from the cashier or manager and load the product to deliver onto the appropriate vehicle. Delivery drivers then drive the vehicle to deliver the goods to the proper destination. It is important for delivery drivers to be knowledgeable of highways and roads as well as different locations in the area or country they work in. They must also be resourceful in dealing with road problems such as traffic or vehicle problems that may be encountered along the way. It is the prime responsibility of delivery drivers to keep the goods in good condition upon reaching the customers.
Sample Delivery Driver CV Template
Crown Street, Aberdeen AB12 6JD
Reliable and committed worker is looking for a position as a delivery driver where I can utilize my skills in careful driving to promptly deliver goods to customers.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess five years of experience as delivery driver.
- Familiar in driving to different locations in the country.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair vehicles if problems arise during trips.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Courteous and polite in dealing with customers.
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – Present: Delivery Driver, Delicious Food Inc.
- Wait for orders to be delivered from the cashier.
- Carefully load the ordered food items into delivery vehicle and drive to customer’s house.
A high school graduate with driver’s license.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.