The Aircraft Cargo or Freight Handling Supervisor works in shifts to oversee a team of cargo handlers assigned in the airline’s import and export cargo operations. For export, they processes and build-up the cargo for uploading to the belly or cargo hold sections of the airline or full-freighter aircraft prior to departure while for import, they unload cargo from arriving flight.
Sample Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisor CV Template
Shahani F. Singh
Baker St., London, UK
To work as an Aircraft Cargo handling Supervisor for a large international airline or air freight operator
2006 – Present: Cargo Handling Supervisor, Virgin Atlantic, Luton
- Supervise cargo handlers in build-up of cargo and passenger baggage for loading in containers and cargo palettes
- Ensure cargo items are correctly manifested and loaded to the right flight
- Ensure that all baggage are accounted for based on passenger-baggage reconciliation system at the gate
- Coordinate with gate boarding staff for offloading of baggage for no-show passengers at the gate
- Ensure that any left-over baggage are re-loaded into net available flight
2004 – 2006: Cargo Manifesting Clerk, Easy Jet Airlines, Ltd, Gatwick
- Ensure accurate manifesting of all freight shipments loaded to a flight.
- Attend in house seminars and training on airline cargo systems.
- Participate in service quality improvement initiatives.
- High computer literacy and organizational skills
- Excellent social, supervisory and interpersonal skills
Named Employee of the Year in 2005, 2008 – 2009 for perfect attendance and consistent high productivity performance during the years
2005 – Present: In-house training and seminars on supply chain management
2002 – 2004: High School Diploma, Colchester Royal Grammar School
To be furnished upon request