Often part of the school gym faculty, the Swimming Coach or Instructor provides classroom and practical instruction and guidance in the correct forms of swimming. The job may be a part time coaching work for summer sporting clinics, as coach of a national or local community swimming competition team, a commercial athletic gym or in schools and colleges.
Sample Swimming Coach/Instructor CV Template
Denis C. Chaning
Guilford St., London, UK
To work as a Swimming Coach/Instructor for a university varsity team
2001 – Present: Swimming Coach/Instructor, Dream Team Aquatic Gym, Plc., London
- Finalize swimming class participants
- Segregate classes according to age and sex.
- Develop the swimming curriculum depending on the course level
- Coordinate with maintenance team of the gym to ensure that swimming pool facilities are clean and in top condition to receive clients.
- Develop and enforce swimming class rules and guidelines
- Conduct first aid and resuscitation classes prior to the start of swimming class proper.
- Conduct safety training classes prior to start of swimming sessions.
- Monitor class attendance to ensure that hose missing the class can keep up with remedial classes as necessary.
- Excellent medical and physical fitness
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to handle a class
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Cited by management for 100% customer satisfaction rating in 2005 and 2007
1997 – 2001: High School Diploma, North Liverpool Academy
Can be provided upon request