Vehicle Paint Technicians work in manufacturing or assembly plants to perform automotive paint spraying as one of the last steps before rolling out the vehicle out of the factory. They are specialists with the technical skills to handle distinctly formulated metal paints and spraying mechanisms as ell a paint bath systems that immerse the entire vehicle under a paint solution. They are also employed in body restoration and repainting centers using automated spraying faculties of manual handheld spraying nozzles.
Vehicle Paint Technician CV Format
Tom E. Curtis
Orleans St., Baltimore, Maryland
Phone: (443) 889-6978
To work as a Vehicle Paint Technician in an automotive repair, assembly or manufacturing company
2003 – Present: Vehicle Paint Technician, Whitewinds Coachworks PLC, Baltimore
- Observe work shift hours and timekeeping regulations to ensure maximum productivity
- After any major overhaul or repair on the body, strip the body sheetmetal or carbon fiber body of the old paint.
- Operate the automated spray booth to apply anti corrosion primer coats prior to first few coats of desired pain color, sanding the surface as required.
- Notify production floor of finished paint jobs for the marketing reps to advice owners to retrieve their vehicles.
- Participate in productivity and quality improvement programs.
Skills and Qualification
- Obtained accreditation from the state board as an Automotive Technician
- Above average comprehension skills to cover medium complexity instruction manuals and automotive schematics.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills to work in a team
Cited by management as Employee of the Year in 2005, 2006 and 2009 for perfect attendance and consistent high quality output
2002 – 2004: Associate in Automotive Technology, Louisiana Technical College, Tallulah Campus
Professional and Character References
Can be furnished upon request