Motorboat Mechanics are the equivalent of car mechanics trained to install, remove, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul onboard and outboard motorboat engines. While the various propulsion engine systems are coming, the most common aquatic engines are the propeller type with engines that motorboat mechanics are more than capable of tinkering with. They are typically seen in ship repair shops in marinas and yacht clubs.
Motorboat Mechanic CV Format
James T. Dunlop
Sweetwater, Miami, Florida
Phone: (305) 556-7687
To be a Motorboat Mechanic for a large watercraft builder for military or civilian use
1997 – Present: Motorboat Mechanic, Florida Yacht Repair Center, Fl
- Process client requests for troubleshooting and repair, if warranted, for their motorized watercrafts in the marina.
- Visit and discuss with yacht or boat owner on perceived problem and proceed to do casual observation and inspection and provide indicative or initial cost estimates.
- Sign off work order as contractual agreement prior to start of repair work.
- Conduct minor repairs for outboard motors on site but for heavy repairs, dismount outboard motors for shop repair.
- Perform repairs, overhaul and tests in accordance with manufacturer repair process and in compliance with center standards
- Document nature of repairs and parts replaced for accurate invoicing purposes.
Skills and Qualification
- More than 16 years experience in the repair of outboard and onboard boat engines
- Extensive expertise in repairing Yamaha outboard motors
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
1994 – 1997: Apprenticeship in a local marina repair service.
1992 – 1994: Associate in Small Engine Maintenance, ITT technical Institute, Miami
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request