Watch repairmen work in watch shops or related stores where their main responsibility is repairing, cleaning and adjusting different parts of watches, clocks, and other timepieces. Watch repairmen first study the watches or clocks brought by customers to see what the defective part is or what is causing a problem in the proper functioning of the timepieces. They check the damage to see if it can be repaired or if parts need to be replaced. Watch repairmen make timepieces function properly by oiling moving parts or replacing broken or damaged parts. They use different kinds of hand tools to open the timepieces very carefully and examine the parts. Watch repairmen use special cleaning machines and solutions that do not damage the timepieces. Since the parts of timepieces are very small, extra care is needed in doing repairs.
Sample Watch Repairman CV Template
Dundee, DD1 4HN
Resourceful and organized worker is seeking a position as a watch repairman where my skills can be enhanced.
Summary of Qualification
- Two years of work experience as a watch repairman.
- Familiar with structure and repair of different kinds and brands of watches.
- Excellent skill in interacting and dealing with different kinds of people.
- Organized and efficient worker.
- Meticulous and extremely careful in doing repairs.
- Demonstrate ability to repair watches fast and in excellent quality.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Watch Repairman, Eternal Timepieces Inc.
- Check timepieces to identify damaged or defective parts and how to repair them.
- Do repairs or part replacements depending on the damage.
Possess high school diploma and training in mechanical repair.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.