While the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning system is an off-the-shelf ERP that has configurable functionality, it can be further customized for business with unique or special requirements. This is done thanks to the availability of its source code as part of any purchase of the system. And to this end, the SAP ABAP Programmer, either as a consultant or employed by the company using SAP, is essential in enhancing the basic SAP functionality to carter to user requirements that go beyond what configurability can deliver.
Sample SAP ABAP Programmer CV Template
Marlyn J. Thompson
First St., Brompton, London
To work as ABAP Programmer for a large company running the SAP ERP platform.
1999 – Present: ABAP Programmer, HSBC, London
- Collaborate with the SAP project manager and systems analyst to have a thorough understanding of the functional requirements as well as review the pertinent sections in the SAP program for developing the proper technical coding approach.
- Maintain SAP programs to improve the pertinent application module using SAP development tools (ABAP, SAPScript, iDocs, BAPI, RFC).
- Conduct the approved Test Plans and automated scripts in implementing quality assurance protocols and meet standards on development efforts.
- Has extensive ABAP programming skill, knowledge in SAP data dictionary and file structures, SAP ADI, ALE and customizing iDocs, BAPI’s and interface using RFC calls
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Cited by IT management in 2006 and 2009 for exceptional performance
- Developed the interface between the company’s DB2 systems with SAP in 2008
1997 – 1999: C++,. ABAP Programming, Lewis Computer Technology Academy, London
1994 – 1997: BS Computer Science, University of Plymouth, Devon
Can be provided upon request