Meter readers are employed by companies involved in the business of electricity, water or other utilities. Their main function is to read meters to be able to accurately record the amount consumed by customers. This task is important in determining the payment that customers must give to the companies for the service they have consumed. They walk around their area of responsibility and routinely read meters at regular periodic intervals, noting down the data in hand-held computers. Meter readers input their data in the computer so the system can create bills for specific customers. Meter readers must be keen observers since they need to identify if there is an abnormality in the reading or there seems to be fluctuations. They also inspect areas for any unauthorized connections.
Sample Meter Reader CV Template
Liverpool, L16 9JD
Reliable and dedicated worker is looking for the opportunity to be a meter reader in an electrical company where I can utilize my abilities.
Summary of Qualification
- Possess two years of experience as a meter reader.
- Familiar with the electrical system and noting trends in electrical consumption.
- A keen observer able to immediately detect any suspicious meter readings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2008 – Present: Meter Reader
- Do rounds around specific route to read meters and record readings.
- Check for illegal connections and report for investigation.
- Determine any possible cause of fluctuations or problems with meters or readings.
Possess a high school diploma.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.