The Cognos software had made a name as early as 1982 for its business intelligence and performance management software and was acquired by IBM. Just like any mission critical application software such as SAP, companies using the Cognos software need to have a full time Cognos Administrator to ensure optimum operating conditions in terms of getting regular system updates, continuous availability and system enhancements and evolution with changing user requirements.
Sample Cognos Administrator CV Template
Helga B. Stapleton
Lodge St., Lancaster, England
To work as a Cognos Administrator for a large business using the software.
2001 – Present: Cognos Administrator, Deloitte Consulting, London
- Install, configure and administer the departmental Cognos 8.4 multi-level virtual server operating environment under the Windows platform
- Coordinate with the IT computer and network support team to ensure continued hardware and networking availability of the Cognos system to users and programming staff.
- Coordinate with user departments on any system fine tuning or enhancement required.
- Install quick fixes and patches and update users accordingly.
- Develop a schedule for regular system maintenance and announce to users and programmers accordingly.
- Maintain the Cognos metadata layer in its Framework manger system
- Set the operating guidelines and standards for system development
- Strong organizational, managerial and supervisory competence
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and people management skills.
Cited by the IT Director in 2008 and 2010 for trouble-free Cognos operations
1998 – 2001: BA Computer Management, Lewisham College, London
Can be provided upon request