Swimming Coaches or Instructors are your teachers in the athletic sport of swimming and can also be trained for other water sports like diving and water polo, among others. They are often employed in athletic and sport gyms and host annual summer swimming clinks or can perform as part time physical education high school teachers in schools with swimming pools. They can also be found in airlines that train their newly hired cabin crew in basic swimming courses prior to full employment.
Swimming Coach/Instructor CV Format
Peter T. Casey
Embarcadero, San Diego, CA
Phone: (619) 433-6576
To work as a full time Swimming Coach/Instructor for a university athletic or varsity team engaged in national and international swimming meets
2006 – Present: Swimming Coach/Instructor, freelance in San Diego area
- Promote coaching service in personal blogs and a commercial website
- Meet and discuss with clients their respective expectations and customize the learning process along with the estimated service quote.
- Ensure compliance with teaching schedules approved by clients
- Coordinate with schools, civic and community organizations in conducting summer swimming clinics or intercommunity swimming tournaments.
2001 – 2006: Swimming Coach/Instructor, San Diego High Swim Team
- Provide regular swimming classes to the country high school swimming team as well as regular PE classes for the graduating classes
- Develop the course curriculum of basic and advance swimming lessons for approval with the faculty head.
Skills and Qualification
- County champion in backstroke and freestyle intercolor swimming competition in two consecutive seasons from 1999 – 2001:
- 9 years of athletic experience as a swimming coach for private families and school varsity swim teams.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to handle a class
1997 – 2001: High School Diploma, Marshallton-Thomas McKean/McKean School District
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request