Prison security officers perform duties as correctional officers or detention officers. They are law enforcement officers whose primary function is to ensure that prison rules and regulations are always strictly implemented within the prison or jail. Prison security officers maintain security and order in the prison although they may also work at other institutions such as the penitentiary or reform institutions. They must be physically fit and capable of preventing violence or controlling violence and disorder which may erupt in the prison. Aside from this, prison security officers must ensure that escapes and other kinds of disturbances are prevented from occurring in prison. This is a demanding profession that requires a lot of strength, both physically and mentally.
Sample Prison Security Officer CV Template
Greater Manchester, M28 5NZ
Agile and industrious worker seeking a job as a prison security officer where I can be of best use in keeping law and order in the prison.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of work experience as prison security officer.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in handling prisoners and various kinds of law violators.
- Adept in criminal law as well as rules and policies about the care of prisoners.
- Physically fit and capable of handling rigors that come with the job.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Prison Security Officer
- Supervise daily activities of prisoners and regularly check their cells for illegal items.
- Enforce discipline within prison grounds.
- Ensure implementation of prison rules and regulations.
- Regularly check security such as locks and gates.
Possess a high school diploma and training from police academy.
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.