A career in speech therapy is one of the fast-growing professions today. Speech therapists help patients manage and improve speech-related disorders and problems in oral communication. They work in coordination with physicians and other health professionals.
Sample Speech Therapist CV Template
High Street, Highgate
London, N6 9JG
I would like to work as a speech therapist to be able to employ my abilities in helping patients with speech disabilities. I am highly experienced and I believe that I have the qualifications to become a speech therapist for a government hospital.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a speech therapist.
- Highly knowledgeable of speech and language disabilities.
- Highly skilled in communicating with persons of different socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skill in relating with patients with speech disabilities.
- Knowledgeable of government regulations regarding the profession.
- Knowledgeable of related technical skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Speech Therapist, London Hospital
- Diagnose and treat patients of various age groups and speech disabilities.
- Identify the disability of patients and determine proper therapy program and treatment.
- Conduct vocal exercises, cognitive therapies, and speech exercises to reduce speech and language disabilities.
- Keep records of patients and their development.
- Study and formulate new methods of speech therapy and program to address various problems related to language and speech.
- Work with other health care professionals in cases that require complicated therapy program.
- Help patients relearn their speaking and oral communication skills.
2003 – 2006: Master of Science in Speech Therapy, London University
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Speech Therapy, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.