Without holding a medical degree, Optometrists provide can diagnose and treat glaucoma and other minor eye disorders but they are better trained in providing health care service by prescribing the refractive lenses to correct the eye’s refractive properties to restore normal visual acuity. Diagnoses of more serious eye conditions often lead them to recommend or refer to their ophthalmologist colleagues. Otherwise, the lenses in spectacles prescribed by a competent optometrist can correct most visual problems.
Sample Optometrist CV Template
Sylvester M. Hancock
Eversholt St., London
To work as an Optometrist in a major eye clinic in the city
2002 – Present: Head Optometrist, London Bridge Hospital,
- Supervise optometry technicians in processing lens grade requirements of walk-in patients to the clinic.
- Coordinate with hospital medical technicians in the installation, repair and operation of optometric equipment.
- Maintain patient records and update with every new lens upgrade
- Mentor novice optometrists under pre-registration residency.
- Keep abreast with emerging optometry technologies and treatment refraction treatment trends
- Refer patients with serious eye ailments to ophthalmologists in the hospital for proper treatment.
- Extensive experience in optometric technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills for dealing with patients.
Cited by clinic management for consistent high quality work earning praise from satisfied clinic patients
2003: passed registration in the General Optical Council
1999 – 2002: BS Optometry, University of Aston, Birmingham
To be furnished upon request