Nephrologists are medical professionals who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders that include kidney stones, inflammatory disorders in kidney tissues and blood vessels, acute kidney failure, and cystic kidney ailments. Nephrologists are also trained to detect and treat ailment related to or can cause kidney problems later such as hypertension, abnormal water retention, mineral balance, diabetes-induced kidney problems and other physiologies and pathologies that can lead to kidney problems.
Nephrologist CV Format
Dr. Hillary G. Oates, PhD.
Sandy Springs, Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (404) 792-4335
To work as a Senior Lead Nephrologist in a large state or private hospital specializing in kidney disease treatment
2002 – Present: Assistant Nephrologist, Southwest Atlanta Hospital
- Meet with patients and conduct thorough diagnostics of suspected renal problems using the hospital prescribed tools and laboratory testing facilities for first level diagnosis.
- Send body fluids and biopsy results for further testing in advance labs outside of the hospital
- Harness diathermy devices, cystoscopes, emanation tubes, catheters, radium, and other pertinent appliances where suitable in diagnosing and treating renal disorders.
- Conduct dialysis, surgery and prescribed post surgical treatment as required
- Refer patients for further testing when kidney cancer is suspected
- Secure kidney donor from legitimate sources and perform transplant surgery as soon as donor kidney as arrived in the hospital
- Passed the medical board to practice medicine in the State of Georgia in 1995
- Passed the US Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) in 1997
- Excellent diagnostic, observation and analytical skills to detect suspected kidney problem.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and social skills
1993 – 1995: Internship with specialization in Nephrology at the Shepherd Center 1991 – 1993: College of Medicine, Georgia State University
1988 – 1991: BS in Chemistry, UCLA,
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request