A hospital admitting clerk performs duties that are similar to a receptionist. He/she receives patients, relatives, and visitors entering hospitals for treatment, laboratory tests, and visits. The hospital admitting clerk inputs patient information into the database and manages patient files.
Sample Hospital Admitting Clerk CV Template
Dr. Paul Goodall
Antrobus Road, Birmingham
West Midlands, B25 9NX
I am looking forward to being employed as a critical care nurse, the duties and responsibilities of which I am highly capable of performing. My education and experience are exceptional qualifications for employment in the said position.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years working as a hospital admissions clerk.
- Possess exceptional knowledge of hospital regulations and policies regarding health care.
- Knowledgeable of using various office machines and adept in using basic computer applications.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Possess an understanding of medical terminology.
- Outstanding interpersonal and social skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – Present: Hospital Admissions Clerk, West Midlands Hospital
- Answer phone calls and give response to inquiries.
- Escort patients to available rooms.
- Make appointments based on the request of patients and availability of physicians.
- Welcome, interview patients and input their information in a database.
- Organize and keep in order patients’ files.
- Obtain signed statements from the patients and receive payments on some accounts.
- Store and keep safe patients’ valuables and personal belongings.
- Explain hospital rules to visitors and patient’s relatives about matters such as visiting hours and payment of accounts.
- Coordinate and contact insurance companies regarding the payment of patients’ bills.
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.