Photojournalists, as the name suggests, use imagery to convey a journalistic message in print or online media. They have the creative eye to capture some of the most riveting, dramatic, or poignant moments in a brewing scandal, calamity, war or any socio-political event of interest, often catapulting them to world attention when published in noted magazines and online news portals. The photojournalist is known to specialize in wide range of subjects such as earthshaking wars and calamities or to mundane lifestyles of the rich and famous
Sample Photojournalist CV Template
Gerry G. Baldwin
Woodstock rd., Oxford, UK
To work as a freelance photojournalist position in leading news magazine specializing in wildlife, nature and environmental sciences
2003 – Present: Freelance Photojournalist for National Geographic
- Secure permission to take photos in wildlife and nature reserves when required
- Meet with editors to gather specifics of field photoshoot assignments.
- Maintain all photographic equipment and peripherals in top condition
- Ensure memory card storage is adequate for the photoshoot and provide link with laptop for backup storage
- Use Adobe Photoshop for image composing and editing when required.
- Compose short narratives to describe each photo or an article to describe the photo set for submission to the editor.
- Implement online accounting packages for billing purposes.
- Extensive knowledge in photographic techniques
- Excellent command of Adobe Photoshop application
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Portfolio of photojournalistic works published in print and online available on interview
2000 – 2003: BA Journalism, London College of Communication
Photography hobby since 1995 using professional grade conventional and digital SLR cameras and lenses
To be furnished upon request