St. Andrews, KY15 9AJ
I hope to work as an opinion editor in a news organization that seeks to provide important news and information to its readers.
Summary of Qualifications
- Three years of work experience as an opinion editor of a local newspaper.
- Five years of work experience as a news writer of a local newspaper.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Great skill in writing various kinds of articles.
- Exceptional capability in writing and editing opinion articles.
- Exceptional skill in handling a pool of writers.
- Portfolio of published opinion articles written can be provided if necessary.
- Can work under pressure.
- Willing to work extra work hours.
Professional Experience / Career History
2008 – Present: Opinion Editor, St. Andrews Weekly
- Conceptualize and finalize topics to be written for the opinion page.
- Edit opinion articles and give comments to writers.
- Write opinion articles occasionally for major topics.
- Give discussions and trainings to writers about writing opinion articles.
- Participate in editorial board meetings.
2004 – 2008: News Writer, St. Andrews Weekly
- Write news articles based on those tasked by the news editor.
- Look for news-worthy issues.
- Gather data and interview for news articles.
2000 – 2004: Master of Arts in Journalism, St. Andrews College
1996 – 2000: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, St. Andrews College
Have been writing for a paper since college.
Professional reference will be furnished during the interview if requested.