Edinburgh, EH9 9YL
To be employed as a news anchor of a highly reputed news organization. My skills and work experience make me highly qualified for the job. I have a lot to offer to the news organization and possess qualities important to be an effective news anchor.
Summary of Qualifications
- Four years working as a news reporter of a local television station.
- Four years working as a news writer of a local newspaper.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and confident in front of the camera.
- Effective and highly experienced in news reporting.
- Committed and hard-working.
- Highly skilled in data gathering and conducting interviews.
- Can work well under pressure.
- Portfolio of published articles available upon request.
Professional Experience / Career History
2006 – Present: News Reporter, XXZ Television Station
- Cover events and activities that have been assigned by the news editor.
- Interview individuals needed for news reports.
- Write news reports for television airing.
- Conduct live coverage of important events.
- Participate in looking for and deciding on activities or individuals that are news-worthy.
2002 – 2006: News Writer, Edinburgh Weekly
- Write news articles and take pictures of activities assigned by the news editor.
- Conceptualize and brainstorm on people and activities that can be written about.
1999 – 2002: Bachelor of Science in Journalism, Edinburgh College
Professional reference will be furnished during the interview if requested.