Multimedia CVs vary in accordance with the job being applied to. There are various jobs within the multimedia industry. There are technicians, camera persons, anchors, news casters, producers and directors amongst many others. When applying for a specific area, tailor your CV to suit what the employers are looking for that specific position. Be specific when highlighting past experience and achievements so that the recruiter can get a good idea of your personality and capabilities. Like any other field multimedia jobs are competitive. There are hundreds of applications for any one position at a time. Your CV must be specific and present strong arguments to the recruiters as to why you should get the job. Shown below is a Multimedia CV sample that is guaranteed to attract recruiters’ attention.
Sample Multimedia CV
234 Broad Street
Telephone No: 123 23243 2
Mobile No: 223 434 4334
Experienced cameraman seeking employment in a growing and dynamic film production house. Willing to use experience with time lapse and old generation cameras for the filming of productions. The position should allow the application of creative and new methods for filming. Interested in filming different types of productions but especially documentaries.
Diploma in Video Production- Miami Film School- 2003 – 2004
BA in Film Production-Florida University- 2000 – 2003
Diploma in IT- Miami Polytechnic -1998 – 1999
2006 – 2008: Trainer at Blur Film Studios Multimedia School
• Taught interns and students the techniques of filming and camera handling
• Supervised practical sessions
• Prepared and supervised examinations
2003 – 2006: Cameraman at Blur Film Studios (Part-time)
• Filmed various productions in the studio including documentaries on wildlife and medicine, children’s learning shows, live broadcasts from trade fairs and funfairs.
• Maintained cameras and other filming equipment
May 1999 – Jan 2000: Administrative assistant at Blur Film Studios
• Welcomed guests and directing them
• Booked appointments
• Took dictated notes and typed letters and minutes
• Sorted documents
• Set schedules and ensured that they are followed
• Assisted internship students with timetabling problems
• Member of the Blur Film Studios production committee that decided on the films and documentaries to be produced and the budget allocation for each. This was a major breakthrough bearing in mind the strict budgets that we had to work with.
• Was amongst the camera crew that won the best picture award for the filming of the Wild Cats in America and Asia