Richmond Street, Glasgow, G2 1XQ
I am looking for a job as media officer of a reputed organization where I can contribute my skills while also growing professionally.
Summary of Qualifications
- One year working as a media officer of a local company.
- Four years working as a writer of a local publishing company.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Highly skilled in press relations work.
- Responsible and committed worker.
- Can deal with pressure and promptly meet deadlines.
- Can travel frequently and work long hours if necessary.
- Portfolio of articles published and press releases written can be provided during the interview.
Professional Experience / Career History
2010 – Present: Media Officer, Best Company
- Create a media and communications plan for the company’s advocacy and activities.
- Write press releases and statements.
- Coordinate and regularly interact with media groups and journalists.
- Maintain communication with media groups and other groups important to the company.
2006 – 2010: News Writer, Glasgow Weekly
- Write news articles that have been tasked by the editor.
- Search for activities and personalities that are news-worthy.
2003 – 2006: Master of Science in Mass Communication, Glasgow University
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication, Glasgow University
Recognized by the Writers Club for active membership and contribution.
Professional reference will be furnished during the interview if requested.