A Freelance Editor is an individual who is self employed and undertake tasks like editing books, articles, newspapers magazines etc. Such a professional does not work under a specific organization; in fact they are hired by some agencies to fulfill the editing part according to their skills and qualification. Their job is to detect the flaws in the documents and then correct them in order to make them understandable for others.
Sample Freelance Editor CV Template
Phone number – 439-300-2299
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conscientious and ambitious Editor working as a Freelancer I posses the ability to work hard in the developing environment with the capability to complete the assigned work with zeal and confidence as a result of which I see myself at the position of a chief Editor.
Intend to build a career in the field of Editing where I can use my writing and reading skills for the peak growth at personal as well at the organization level. Utilizing my expertise in this sector will help me to determine my verifiable track.
- Strong hold on English language.
- Good spoken and communication skills.
- Excellent interpretation ability.
- Deep knowledge of editing skills.
- Dedicated towards my work.
- Expertise in computer and typing skills.
- Effective sense of gathering and analyzing information.
Edutech solutions Ltd., Nevada
Freelance Editor, November 2010 – Present
- Ensure the logical correctness format, grammar, spelling and the structure of the work.
- Review the editorial assignments.
- Determine the errors in the assignments.
- Resolve the errors with comprehensive approach.
- To ensure the delivery of correct assignment to the readers.
- Masters Degree in English and communication, 2010
- Bachelors Degree in Arts, 2007
Available on request