Employed in commercial print media, the Art Editor is often the final judge in the choice of visual and artistic design content in any regular publication such as journals, trade, news and specialty magazines. The position calls for artistic judgment based on the overall agreed thematic design, objective and market positioning. The resume for the position is enriched with a portfolio of print samples.
Sample Art Editor Resume CV Template
Sandra G. McPherson
Lodge St., Lancaster, England
To have a lead or supervisory position as an Art Editor in a large circulation magazine specializing in home and gardening hobbies
2003 – Present: Associate Art Editor, Architectural Journal
- Plan magazine lay-outing based on submitted articles, photos and graphics consistent with the overall agreed thematic styling of the magazine.
- Make a selection from among photo shoots submitted.
- Provide marginal correction notes on layout drafts.
- Approve the final layout proofs prior to printing.
- Attend daily brainstorming meetings on the selection of articles for upcoming and subsequent issues of the magazine.
- Work on subjects as approved by the magazine lead chief editor.
- Skilled in the use of the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop and PageMaker
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Willing and able to travel and work long hours to meet deadlines
- Consistently cited for tasteful elegance in the printed works handled
- Sample of works available on request
1999 – 2003: Bachelor of Arts in Commercial and Industrial Arts, Milwaukee Institute of Art Design
Can be provided upon request