Market research officers work in business establishments where their primary function is to conduct relevant research about market trends and movement to help the company reach optimum sales and performance. Market research officers collect information and analyse data regarding customer demographics, preferences, and needs. They also gather data about the buying habits of customers to be able to determine potential markets and the factors that affect product sales or services. With regard to this function, market research officers prepare reports about their findings and prepare data for proper graphic illustration and presentation to the management. In addition, they make market forecasts and monitor marketing and sales trends.
Sample Market Research Officer CV Template
London, WC2E 7HT
Proactive and experienced educator with expertise in the field of arts is seeking a position as an art lecturer in a university where I can utilize my knowledge in providing quality education to students.
Summary of Qualification
- Six years of professional experience as market research officer.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyse consumer opinions and marketing strategies.
- Skilled in conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
- Knowledgeable of preparing questionnaires and conducting surveys.
Career Experience/Job History
2004 – Present: Market Research Officer, Reed and Reed Company
- Research and consolidate data to determine the position of the company in the market and find ways to improve performance.
- Conduct research and survey on consumer opinion and marketing strategies.
- Collect information about competitors and analyse their performance.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Science in Commerce, London University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.