Business development CVs should be prepared with the organization being applied to in mind. Find out the type of business and clientele the firm deals with then evaluate what skills you may have that would be beneficial in dealing with these clients.
Recruiters of business developers look for innovative people. Skills such as analytical, communication and research skills are also desirable in a business developer. Demonstrate these skills and attributes in your business developer CV by including work experience and volunteer experience. It does not matter if the work experience is unrelated. The important thing is that the skills gained are transferable to the business development job for which you are applying.
Sample Business Development CV
Mercy Keisha Anderson
9853 Sta Rosa
Mobile Number: 184 88 8764
Telephone Number: 1774 644 433
Business Developer with skills in interpersonal communications, organizing operations and presenting seminars. Seeking employment in a business developing firm that supports client growth and development. Determined to exceed company sales goals on a regular basis.
2003 – 2005: Master in Business Administration at University of Connecticut
1997 – 2003: Bachelors in Industrial Development at Union College
2007 – Present Business Development Manager, Globe Developers Inc.
- Conducting sales and marketing calls in order to book meeting with potential clients
- Sending follow up marketing tools and do follow up on client needs
- Performing presentations stressing the value of the product and services offered
- Managing individual sales and account base by reviewing the sales activity schedule
- Coordinating efforts to improve client experience at the selling point
- Call and visit new and potential clients to facilitate a business relationship
2005 – 2007: Assistant Business Development Manager, Providence & Sons Company
- Maintaining the company’s high profile in the business community
- Determining the need for additional staff and equipment
- Improving management by suggesting attendance of monthly seminars
- Improving market shares, volumes and price levels
- Introduced a long term strategy to maximize profits and assist in cultivating long term client relationships
- Identifying target companies and other key decision makers
- Support promotional programs
- Elected as president of business development organization in California
- Implemented the use of Television and internet as a tool for advertisement of companies
- Spearheaded the recruitment of 10 new companies into the organization
- Led the company to receive an award for best business developer of the year 2006
- Built pricing opportunities that were adapted by 12 companies