Public Investigators are responsible for gathering information and data for criminal cases represented by a public attorney. They collect evidences related and vital to the case by interviews and research. They cross examine eyewitnesses and criminals for their alleged offenses and establish the validity of their sworn statements. They must be able to evaluate the case and identify strong points to significantly affect the decisions to be made in court. Public investigators must be keen on details and collect data with accuracy and efficiency. They should possess good writing skills as their job requires a big amount of paperwork to accomplish.
Public Investigator CV Sample
Warstone Lane, Birmingham
West Midlands, B19 6NZ
Hard-working and reliable individual is seeking employment as a public investigator where I can enrich my skills and gain additional experience law enforcement.
Summary of Qualification
- Three years of experience working as a public investigator.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly capable of making mental and physical assessments.
- Computer literate and capable of making accurate reports.
- Willing to work weekends and night shifts.
- Excellent investigation and sleuthing skills.
- Ability in counselling and conflict resolution.
Career Experience/Job History
2007 – present: Public Investigator, Birmingham Court
- Give assistance to prosecutors in making strategies for the trial.
- Gather evidences through interviews, research and consultations and kept a systematic record
- Analyze data and examine them to gather all vital information necessary for the case
2002 – 2006: Bachelor of Science in Sociology, Birmingham University
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.