Court Reporters may be employed in different media outfits such as the radio, TV, newspaper or magazine. They gather information about criminal cases and anything that comes from the court and make stories for them to publish or broadcast. They get their information from different sources in the court field and then write a report out of it. Sources of information may include data from personal interviews, research or from published materials. Once the information has been collated and written in a news article, it may be ready for broadcast through TV or radio or published in newspapers. Reporters must follow the code of ethics of journalists in gathering information as well as uphold the editorial policies of their media company.
Court Reporter CV Sample
Bryanston Road, Liverpool
Merseyside, L18 7AL
Dedicated individual is looking for employment as a court reporter in a media company where I can make a significant contribution publishing or broadcasting.
Summary of Qualification
- Five years of professional experience working as a court reporter.
- Highly skilled in writing news reports, documentation and data-gathering
- Highly professional and honest in implementing tasks
- Very good health condition and can work long hours
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Very personable and dependable
Career Experience/Job History
2005 – present: Court reporter, Liverpool Court
- Covered cases in the courtrooms of Liverpool and made stories with human interest.
- Collated data gathered and wrote news articles from it.
- Took photographs and shot some videos for documentaries and live footages.
- Edited news articles and scripts ready for broadcast.
- Specialized in sports and straight news writing and reporting.
- Gave beat stories to fellow reporters.
2000 – 2004: Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Liverpool College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.