A Criminal paralegal is a professional, who prepares and processes a wide range of legal documents relating to the criminal cases. S/he obtains the required information from the law enforcement agencies and other sources and submits the completed documents to the appropriate authorities.
Sample Criminal Paralegal CV Template
205 Michigan Ave
Contact No: 312 125 2456
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a Criminal paralegal certificate holder and have taken a legal training with the
approval of COTR. With a basic legal knowledge and knowledge of legal citation
system, I am now well confident in performing extensive legal research. I have four
years of experience, working as a Criminal paralegal.
- Bachelor degree in Law from Barnard Law College, 2006
Professional Skill Set
- Ability to establish professional relationships with the law enforcement communities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Ability to understand and maintain case directories.
- In depth knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS, WestLaw etc.
- Ability to use electronic ad open sources to perform research and collect relevant information.
Opting for a job position as a Criminal paralegal so that I can make use of my past experience in analyzing the criminal justice system and the transnational organized crime, in a detailed manner; so as to contribute to the law enforcement community.
USIS , 2010-Till Date
At USIS, my job responsibilities were:
- Monitoring the progress of the pending cases.
- Providing case management and organizing cases for presentation at the court.
- Performing docketing duties by the help of the automated case tracking system.
- Compiling and indexing various discoveries relating to the specific criminal charge evidence.
At CGI, my job responsibilities were:
- Preparing case files for further investigation by criminal investigators.
- Reviewing and editing the arrest warrant information and citations to criminal penalties.
- Transmitting case information to law enforcement personnel.