If you are creative and enjoy working with electronics, you will certainly enjoy working as a hardware designer. Recruiters searching for hardware designers seek creative and innovative individuals who can work under minimal supervision. It is of course important to have all the right qualifications. Additional qualifications such as programming certificates and competence in computer aided design software will be an added advantage. Hardware designers emerge from a wide range of backgrounds such as computer engineering and development. It is important that you show that you have in-depth knowledge in the area that the company mainly deals with so as to stand out from other applicants.
Sample Hardware Designer CV Format
Mobile No: +1 232 343 345
Telephone No: +1 232 323 234
An experienced computer hardware designer with skills and qualifications in software engineering seeking a position as a hardware designer in a progressive computer hardware manufacturing firm. The position should allow the development and application of skills in the use of the latest in computer aided design software.
2002 – 2004: Computer hardware designer at Macintosh
- Consulted with customers and clients
- Designed customized hardware parts for clients
- Studied existent computer hardware products from the firm
- Suggested modifications and new hardware parts for existing hardware
- Designed and implemented real life test scenarios
- Monitored hardware during tests
- Identified and monitored errors in hardware
- Evaluated results of tests
- Maintained hardware for clients after purchase
2000 – 2002: BSc Computer Science and Software Engineering – Bark College