Interviewers in a company’s Human Resource Department or from 3rd party head hunters are trained to perform the initial or series of interviews to screen job applicants. These interviews traditionally conducted in person, may now be done remotely over the internet using webcams on IRC chat channels. The initial interview is often meant to verify that there’s a real person behind a resume and to complete or verify information contained thereat. Some are psychologists who can identify potentially problematic employees and consequently screen them out.
Sample HR Interviewer CV Template
Jeffrey K. Norton, Jr.
Suffolk St., Birmingham, UK
To work as an Interviewer in the Human Resource department of a large company
2006 – Present: HR Interviewer, Dowding & Mills, West Midlands
- Contact applicants for interview by telephone, registered mail or email.
- Conduct phoned, webcam or personal interviews to check on the person behind the resume and clarify information contained in the resume.
- Identify and report problems encountered during interviews
- Provide daily interview results with indications fro pass or fail is required
- Review information gathered from interview for screening purposes
- Validate contact details during interview
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit courteous, dignified and pleasant personality
- High computer proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with interviewees
Commended by management for high success rate in interviewed applicants getting successful job placements in the company
2002 – 2006: BS Psychology, Ashton University, West Midlands
To be furnished upon request