Since a travel consultant is responsible for giving the client advice on all areas concerning tour and holiday destinations, you have to be very conversant with the different places that people would enjoy visiting. Skill and experience are quite priceless in getting hold of a job such as this and should be reflected in your resume. This is how your vitae would look like.
Sample Travel Consultant Resume Format
12 Friar Street, Reading
Berkshire, RG1 DB, UK
Mobile: +44 (0)20 9087 5634
With as much as 5 years experience in the field and a number of recognitions attached to my name, it has always been my desire to work for a grand company such as yours before I can finally embark on creating my own company.
Worked as the travel consultant for the Maryland Company of exquisite destinations, London.
- To sell holiday and travel products to clients.
- Give information on the places they might want to visit, from their description of what their preference would be.
- Taking care of all the customer’s needs and preferences.
- Embark on making full preparations for the client.
- Confirm and inform clients of all bookings and arrangements.
- Know all exciting and good travel destinations.
2002 – 2004: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration at the Southampton University in London.
2001 – 2002: Diploma in Travel Consultancy at the University of Kent.
- Travel consultant of the year award.
Hobbies and Interests
- Playing lawn tennis.
The names of the referees shall be made available upon request by the organization.