When writing a CV for a seaman it is important that your resume brings out the best requirements that are needed to get the job. A suitable resume should explore your skills, qualifications as well as the experience that one has. A good seaman’s vitae would look as follows.
Sample Seaman Resume Template
12-20 Camomille Street
London, EC3A 7PT
Mobile: +44 (0)20 7623 8778
I am seeking the opportunity of working for a renowned company such as yours as an able seaman. I have the required and experience and skills to become the best you have seen.
2005 – 2009: Able seaman for Cove sea Haulers.
- Securing of the ship’s cargo.
- Scaling, buffing and painting the ship’s structure.
- Turning the wheel on the bridge.
- Using if the emergency equipment as directed.
- Measuring of the water’s depth.
- Sweeping and washing of the deck.
- Watching the bow and the wing of the bridge for any kind of obstruction.
- Splicing the wires and the ropes
- Running of the gears.
- Launching and recovery of boats.
- Maintaining of the lines.
2004 – 2005: Ordinary seaman for Cove sea Haulers.
2001 – 2004: BSc in Marine Transport at the Cardriff University London.
- Rising the ranks from an ordinary seaman to an able seaman.
- Being recruited to serve in the marine.
Hobbies and Interests
- Deep sea diving.
- Writing of short stories.
The names of the referees shall be made available upon request by the organization