Hotel management is a growing field within the hospitality industry. Although the economies of many countries are experiencing a plunge, people are still looking for a means to relieve themselves of the pressure of every day life. Many people are having short holidays and others are traveling for business. Whatever the reason, the hotel industry is still vibrant even in this time of economic downtime.
Hotel management jobs however are highly competitive. Managers and professionals with different backgrounds are welcomed to apply for hotel management jobs by recruiters. Experience in the hotels industry is of course an added advantage. Specific skills in management within the hospitality industry such as a diploma in hotel management will give you an edge over the competition. The hotel manager CV should reflect responsibility by showing that you have held positions of leadership and possess effective people skills by indicating that you have been involved in activities that required direct involvement with people. To help you write a better hotel manager CV we have provided you with a sample hotel manager CV as seen below.
Sample Hotel Manager CV
Telephone No: 343 54 45
Mobile No: 34 343 54
Experienced hotel manager; seeking employment in a five star hotel. Seeking to advance in the field of hotel management of a simple hotel to the rank of management of chain of hotels; with ranking ranging from three to five stars. Believes his extensive related work experience and leadership roles will be an asset to the hotel.
Diploma in Hotel Management -Hospitality College- 2003 – 2004
BA in Human Resource Management- Boston University-1998 – 2002
2004 – 2008: Manager at the Wood Inn
- Received guests at the reception
- Assisted guests experiencing problems related to the hotel
- Oversaw the purchasing of hotel supplies
- Ensured guests received services that were up to standard
2002 – 2003: Human resource officer at the Revenue Authority
- Received and sorted through resumes and CVs
- Received and forwarded complaints from Revenue Authority employees and customers
- Sought solutions to the forwarded complaints
- Maintained and updated employee and customer records
- Head of the workers union at the Wood Inn
- Managed to negotiate a pay rise and better working conditions for workers at the Wood Inn
- Saw profitability double during my tenure at Wood Inn for two consecutive years.