As an event planner you are required to be able to plan for any events that may come up on the calendar. Being organized is therefore very important. Event planning is a very competitive industry, you resume should therefore be outstanding and attractive. Let your vitae speak for you. It should show that you have what the organization is looking for. A good example would be as follows.
Sample Event Planning Resume Format
2 Brancaster Dr
Lincoln, New York
Mobile: (01472) 280448
Having been an assistant event planner for the past 3 years, I seek the position of an event planner. I believe I possess the experience and qualities required to hold the position.
2007 – 2009: Assistant Events Planner at United Health Group in New York.
- Assisting in the determining and maintenance of the budget.
- Settling and attending all made appointments.
- Reviewing of contracts.
- Hotel administration.
- Human resource management.
- Research and implementation of all marketing and execution plans.
- Delegation of duties to the other workers.
- Ensure that everything runs as it ought.
2003 – 2006: A degree in Business Management at the London School of Business.
2001 – 2002: Diploma in International Tourism and Hospitality Management at Birmingham University London.
- Best function of the year award.
- Poet of the year award.
Hobbies and Interests
- Writing poetry.
- Mountain climbing.
- Composing music and writing articles.
The names of the referees shall be made available upon request by the organization