As an airline customer service, you will be responsible for coordinating the passengers between the airport and the terminal area, the duties are mainly customer care based and can range from assisting with the guidance of passengers to their boarding areas to clearing all the travel documents. An Airline customer service’s resume, should reflect efficacy, enthusiasm and show that you are familiar with airline and airport operations. Below is a sample of an airline customer service’s resume.
Sample Airline Customer Service Resume Template
Irondale, Al 76
Mobile: +12 0569 7602 48
Airline customer service officer, with two years experience working with a reputable airline and 2 years experience in the airline industry, in customer service to be precise, seeking a similar position in a new international Airline. Seeking growth in my career, hoping to change the work environment and possibly gain training working with a new group of people and experience some diversity.
2005 – 2008: Airline customer service officer, Land mark aviation
- Ushered passengers to their respective boarding areas
- Communicated to the passengers, regarding their flights arrival and departure times
- Checked in passengers, helped verify their travel documents, e.g. visas, tickets, medical documents
- Incase of physically challenged passengers flying with us, I would carry or arrange for their luggage to get handled
- In the event of an unaccompanied child passenger, would ensure that I personally handle him/her until they are on board and communicate to the flight attendants regarding the minor.
2002 – 2004: Degree in hospitality and tourism, Scottsdale Community College
Hobbies: Singing, dancing, swimming