Air Marshals are law enforcement agents specialized in implementing the laws against terrorism in airports and occasionally boarding flights to implement the same while in flight. They are among the law enforcers of the Department of Homeland Security and they work closely with airport immigration officers. airport and airline security officers as well as local police in enforcing strict adherence to homeland security laws and regulations.
Federal Air Marshal CV Format
Simon W. Barnes
North St., Midtown, New York City
Phone: (212) 724-7998
To work as a Federal Air Marshal assigned in a west coast airport such as LAX International.
2006 – Present: Air Marshal, JFK International, NYC
- Ensure observance of airport work shift hours as assigned but remain vigilant to extend work hours if required.
- Board flights at random and inconspicuously as a passenger without alerting crew of a police office on board.
- Conduct random checks of passengers entering the restrictive boarding areas of the terminal, checking IDs and travel documents while making informal friendly chat to check on speech behavior.
- Coordinate with airport security in apprehending suspects and those in breach of immigration laws.
2002 – 2006: Police 1st class Officer, JFK Precinct, NYC
- Conduct patrol of airport perimeter on a regular and random schedule to discourage vagrancy around the area
- Respond to airport security breach problems
Skills and Qualification
- 8 years of experience in law enforcement with the last 4 years assigned at the airport security detachment
- Excellent medical and physical health with 20/20 vision and knowledge n self defense such as Judo and Jujitsu
2001 – 2002: Police training at the Nevada PD
1998 – 2001: BA Public Administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas campus
Professional and Character References
To be furnished upon request