Finance manager CVs should be prepared with a lot of care as the job is a high profile job. Employers will in most cases seek people with extensive work experience in similar positions. Although work experience is important as the job requires that you supervise other people in the financial field, the finance manager CV should also be tailored to suit the recruiter’s needs and requirements.
This does not mean that you leave out experience that is not related to finance management. This means that you should show the skills that you gained in that period of experience are transferable to the job you are applying for. The skills that you find through research may be of more interest to the employer should be mentioned early in the finance manger CV e.g. in the career objective.
Sample Finance Manager CV
Sarah Gisele Rosas
9837 Main Street
Mobile Number: 123 4763 883
Telephone Number: 223 3432 823
Talented Financial Manager with 9 years experience in the field of financial management. Acquired skills in accounting, preparing financial reports, budget monitoring, implementation of cash monitoring strategies to achieve high standards of excellence.
2000 – 2002 Masters in Financial Management, New York University
1994 – 1998 Bachelors of Science in Accounting, New York University
2002 – Present: Assistant Financial Manager, Kodak Company Ltd.
• Oversee development of unrestricted fund budget for research grants and contracts
• Analyze and interpret financial data so as to determine past financial performances
• Develop management and statistical reports for both government and private donors
• Develop financial reports for trending, forecasting and result analysis
• Monitor receipt of payments from sponsors and arrange other payment schedules
• Set promotion costs and fees needed for expanding company
• Review budget and ensure that it is related to the budgeted money
• Provide information regarding company finances during open forums every 6 months
• Identify budget issues and provide solutions
1998 – 2000 Accountant Indiana National Bank
• Preparing of midyear and annual budgets
• Preparing and filing annual financial statements
• Preparing auditing schedules for external auditors while acting as liaison between sister banks
• Preparing and calculating reimbursement billings
• Tracking receivables and reconciling monthly accounts receivable
• Keep track of wired transfers and other journal funding transfers
• Analyzing expenditure and revenue accounts
• Led company to receive best photo company in the World award in the year 2003
• Led company to get $ 500,000 donations from sponsors around the country
• Led a Kodak campaign to help orphans and abandoned children in Africa by building an orphanage