Wetland scientists are science professionals who are graduates of biology, botany, plant ecology or other related courses. They have special expertise in the characteristics and plant and animal life in wetlands and similar ecosystems. Wetland scientists conduct field work and may also be involved in research efforts of research institutions, the academe, companies, or non-government organizations. They are capable of conducting wetland delineation and vegetation mapping for purposes or conservation or research. Wetland scientists are willing to conduct studies or tasks in varied locations and work with other science professionals.
Sample Wetland Scientist CV Template
Shady Lane, Manchester
Greater Manchester, M25 9NN
Intellectual and flexible professional is looking for a position as a wetland scientist in a company where I can contribute to relevant research efforts to conserve the environment.
Summary of Qualification
- Four years of professional experience as a wetland scientist.
- Familiar with the use of botanical nomenclature keys.
- Thorough knowledge in identification of rare plant species.
- Knowledgeable of habitat restoration and vegetation mapping.
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications.
- Patient and efficient in performing tasks.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Career Experience/Job History
2006 – Present: Wetland Scientist, Nature Research Institution
- Assist in development of research program involving wetlands.
- Conduct research which includes data gathering and analysis.
- Prepare written reports for publication in journals.
- Collaborate with other scientists in conducting research involving other ecosystems.
- Give recommendations regarding conservation efforts.
2001 – 2005: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Manchester College
Professional reference will be furnished upon request.